Scaffold End-User License Agreement
PROTEOME SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS FOR SCAFFOLD SOFTWARE
LICENSE TERMS. These license terms are an agreement between Proteome Software, Inc. (or based on where you live, one of its affiliates) and you. Please read them. They apply to the software named above, which includes the media on which you received it, if any. Website license terms may replace or modify on-screen license terms. These terms also apply to any Proteome Software:
- support services
for this Software, unless other terms accompany those items. If so, those terms apply. BY USING THE SOFTWARE, YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THEM, DO NOT USE THE SOFTWARE. INSTEAD, CONTACT PROTEOME SOFTWARE FOR A REFUND OR CREDIT. See www.proteomesoftware.com
AS DESCRIBED BELOW, USING THE SOFTWARE ALSO OPERATES AS YOUR CONSENT TO THE TRANSMISSION OF CERTAIN COMPUTER INFORMATION DURING ACTIVATION AND VALIDATION.
IF YOU COMPLY WITH THESE LICENSE TERMS, YOU HAVE THE RIGHTS BELOW FOR EACH LICENSE YOU ACQUIRE.
1. OVERVIEW. The Software is licensed on a per copy per device basis. A hardware partition or blade is considered to be a separate device.
2. INSTALLATION AND USE RIGHTS.
a. Allowable Users. You may share the Software only as explicitly stated on the purchase contract.
b. One Copy per Device. You may install one copy of the Software on one device. That device is the “licensed device.”
c. Licensed Device. You may only use one copy of the Software on the licensed device at a time.
d. Separation of Components. The components of the Software are licensed as a single unit. You may not separate the components and install them on different devices.
e. Alternative Versions. The Software may include more than one version, such as 32-bit and 64-bit. You may install and use only one version at a time.
3. ADDITIONAL LICENSING REQUIREMENTS AND/OR USE RIGHTS.
a. Multiplexing. Hardware or Software you use to
- pool connections,
- reroute information, or
- reduce the number of devices or users that directly access or use the Software (sometimes referred to as “multiplexing” or “pooling”), does not reduce the number of licenses you need.
b. Use with Virtualization Technologies. Instead of using the Software directly on the licensed device,
you may install and use the Software within only one virtual (or otherwise emulated) hardware system on the licensed device.
c. Remote Access. A single user of the licensed device may access and use the Software installed on the licensed device remotely from any other device. No other person may use the Software under the same license at the same time for any other purpose.
d. Trial and Conversion. Some or all of the Software may be licensed on a trial basis. Your rights to use trial Software are limited to the trial period. The trial Software and length of the trial period are set forth during the activation process. You may have the option to convert your trial rights to perpetual rights. After the expiration of any trial period without conversion, most features of the trial Software will stop running. If Viewer Software is available at that time, you can continue to open, view and print any documents you created with the Viewer Software.
4. MANDATORY ACTIVATION. Activation associates the use of the Software with a specific device. During activation, the Software will send information about the Software and the device to Proteome Software. This information includes the product, product version, and product key of the Software, the Internet protocol address of the device, and information derived from the hardware configuration of the device. (Other information and data used within the Software are not transmitted and are strictly proprietary to the user.) BY USING THE SOFTWARE, YOU CONSENT TO THE TRANSMISSION OF THIS INFORMATION. If properly licensed, you have the right to use the version of the Software installed during the installation process up to the time permitted for activation. UNLESS THE SOFTWARE IS ACTIVATED, YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO USE THE SOFTWARE AFTER THE TIME PERMITTED FOR ACTIVATION. This is to prevent its unlicensed use. YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO BYPASS OR CIRCUMVENT ACTIVATION. You can activate the Software by Internet or e-mail. Some changes to your computer components or the Software may require you to reactivate the Software. THE SOFTWARE WILL REMIND YOU TO ACTIVATE IT UNTIL YOU DO.
5. SCOPE OF LICENSE. The Software is licensed, not sold. This agreement only gives you some rights to use the features included in the Software edition you licensed. Proteome Software reserves all other rights. Unless applicable law gives you more rights despite this limitation, you may use the Software only as expressly permitted in this agreement. In doing so, you must comply with any technical limitations in the Software that only allow you to use it in certain ways. You may not
- work around any technical limitations in the Software;
- reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the Software, except and only to the extent that applicable law expressly permits, despite this limitation;
- make more copies of the Software than specified in this agreement or allowed by applicable law, despite this limitation;
- publish the Software for others to copy;
- use the Software in any way that is against the law;
- rent, lease or lend the software; or
- use the Software for any public software hosting services.
6. DOCUMENTATION. Any person that has valid access to your licensed device or internal network may copy and use the documentation for your internal, reference purposes.
7. UPGRADE OR CONVERSION. To upgrade or convert Software, you must first be licensed for the Software that is eligible for the upgrade or conversion. Upon upgrade or conversion, this agreement takes the place of the agreement for the Software you upgraded or converted from. After you upgrade or convert, you may no longer use the Software you upgraded or converted from.
8. PROOF OF LICENSE. a. Genuine Proof of License. If you purchased and downloaded the software online, your proof of license is the genuine Proteome Software product key for the software that you received with your purchase and your proof of purchase from an authorized electronic supplier of genuine Proteome Software products. Proof of purchase may be subject to verification by your merchant’s records. b. Upgrade or Conversion License. If you upgrade or convert the software, your proof of license is
- the genuine proof of license for the software you upgraded or converted from; and
- the genuine proof of license for the software you upgraded or converted to.
9. EXPORT RESTRICTIONS. The Software is subject to United States export laws and regulations. You must comply with all domestic and international export laws and regulations that apply to the Software. These laws include restrictions on destinations, end users and end use.
10. SUPPORT SERVICES. Proteome Software provides support services for users with an active support agreement. Contact [email protected] for more information.
11. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This agreement (including the warranty below), any addendum or amendment included with the Software, and the terms for supplements, updates, and support services that you use, are the entire agreement for the Software and support services.
12. APPLICABLE LAW. a. United States. If you acquired the Software in the United States, Oregon state law governs the interpretation of this agreement and applies to claims for breach of it, regardless of conflict of laws principles. The laws of the state where you live govern all other claims, including claims under state consumer protection laws, unfair competition laws, and in tort. b. Outside the United States. If you acquired the Software in any other country, the laws of that country apply. c. Dispute arbitration. Any dispute or claim that arises out of this agreement shall be resolved by arbitration in accordance with the then effective arbitration rules of Arbitration Service of Portland, Inc.
13. LEGAL EFFECT. This agreement describes certain legal rights. You may have other rights under the laws of your state or country. You may also have rights with respect to the party from whom you acquired the Software. This agreement does not change your rights under the laws of your state or country if the laws of your state or country do not permit it to do so.
14. LIMITATION ON AND EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES. YOU CAN RECOVER FROM PROTEOME SOFTWARE ONLY DIRECT DAMAGES UP TO THE AMOUNT YOU PAID FOR THE SOFTWARE. YOU CANNOT RECOVER ANY OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING CONSEQUENTIAL, LOST PROFITS, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES. This limitation applies to
- anything related to the Software, services, content (including code) on third party Internet sites, or third party programs; and
- claims for breach of contract, breach of warranty, guarantee or condition, strict liability, negligence, or other tort to the extent permitted by applicable law.
It also applies even if
- repair, replacement or a refund for the Software does not fully compensate you for any losses; or
- Proteome Software knew or should have known about the possibility of the damages.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. They also may not apply to you because your country may not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental, consequential or other damages.
A. LIMITED WARRANTY. If you follow the instructions, the Software will perform substantially as described in the Proteome Software materials that you receive with the Software.
B. TERM OF WARRANTY; WARRANTY RECIPIENT; LENGTH OF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES. THE LIMITED WARRANTY COVERS THE SOFTWARE FOR ONE YEAR AFTER ACQUIRED BY THE FIRST USER. IF YOU RECEIVE SUPPLEMENTS, UPDATES, OR REPLACEMENT SOFTWARE DURING THAT YEAR, THEY WILL BE COVERED FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE WARRANTY OR 30 DAYS, WHICHEVER IS LONGER. If the first user transfers the Software, the remainder of the warranty will apply to the recipient.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, GUARANTEES OR CONDITIONS LAST ONLY DURING THE TERM OF THE LIMITED WARRANTY. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so these limitations may not apply to you. They also might not apply to you because some countries may not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty, guarantee or condition lasts.
C. EXCLUSIONS FROM WARRANTY. This warranty does not cover problems caused by your acts (or failures to act), the acts of others, or events beyond Proteome Software’s reasonable control.
D. REMEDY FOR BREACH OF WARRANTY. PROTEOME SOFTWARE WILL REPAIR OR REPLACE THE SOFTWARE AT NO CHARGE. IF PROTEOME SOFTWARE CANNOT REPAIR OR REPLACE IT, PROTEOME SOFTWARE WILL REFUND THE AMOUNT SHOWN ON YOUR INVOICE FOR THE SOFTWARE. IT WILL ALSO REPAIR OR REPLACE SUPPLEMENTS, UPDATES AND REPLACEMENT SOFTWARE AT NO CHARGE. IF PROTEOME SOFTWARE CANNOT REPAIR OR REPLACE THEM, IT WILL REFUND THE AMOUNT YOU PAID FOR THEM, IF ANY. YOU MUST UNINSTALL THE SOFTWARE TO OBTAIN A REFUND. THESE ARE YOUR ONLY REMEDIES FOR BREACH OF THE LIMITED WARRANTY.
E. CONSUMER RIGHTS NOT AFFECTED. YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL CONSUMER RIGHTS UNDER YOUR LOCAL LAWS, WHICH THIS AGREEMENT CANNOT CHANGE.
F. WARRANTY PROCEDURES. You need proof of purchase for warranty service. 1. United States and Canada. For warranty service or information about how to obtain a refund for Software acquired in the United States and Canada, contact Proteome Software at
- (800) 944-6027;
- e-mail [email protected]
2. If you acquired the Software from a Proteome Software reseller, contact the affiliate serving your country (see www.proteomesoftware.com/company/partners/).
G. NO OTHER WARRANTIES. THE LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE ONLY DIRECT WARRANTY FROM PROTEOME SOFTWARE. PROTEOME SOFTWARE GIVES NO OTHER EXPRESS WARRANTIES, GUARANTEES OR CONDITIONS. WHERE ALLOWED BY YOUR LOCAL LAWS, PROTEOME SOFTWARE EXCLUDES IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. If your local laws give you any implied warranties, guarantees or conditions, despite this exclusion, your remedies are described in the Remedy for Breach of Warranty clause above, to the extent permitted by your local laws.
H. LIMITATION ON AND EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES FOR BREACH OF WARRANTY. THE LIMITATION ON AND EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES CLAUSE ABOVE APPLIES TO BREACHES OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE. YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM COUNTRY TO COUNTRY.
Managing a core facility or shared resource department? Need help with gaps in your software pipeline? Want to try new methods like DIA proteomics? Do you need a free and easy way to share results with your customers?
Need an elegant yet easy to use solution for data processing? Not sure where to begin when starting up a new lab. Let us help take the pressure off setting up a software pipeline so you can focus on the science.
Tutorials & Videos
Check out our YouTube channel for Scaffold tutorials, from getting started to advanced use. We have videos for all our Scaffold products, as well as videos from previous conferences and special events.